How to Connect your Landing Pages to your Facebook Page
Facebook isn’t dead and neither is the Organic Reach on it. But more of that in a later post! However, one of the things that you want to do is make sure that you are optimizing your Facebook Page to fulfill your goals. For bloggers, those goals may be to drive traffic to their blog, sell products that they have produced or even sell products on the Facebook Page. I’m going to focus on one of the underused sections of your Facebook Page – those tabs! Now you have either left them as they are or due to adding some apps like connecting your
I’m going to focus on one of the underused sections of your Facebook Page – those tabs! Now you have either left them as they are or due to adding some apps like connecting your Email Subscription service that’s it. But it is prime real estate; the sidebar to your page and you can utilize them to connect to designated pages on your site.
Depending on your current focus I would suggest you either connect to Freebies that you have produced that will then get people signing up to your email list as you have them as an opt-in or your landing pages to drive people around your site. And the good thing is that it is so simple to do – that’s always a bonus right?
How to Set Up Tabs to Redirect to a URL on your Site
Check out what we are looking to do first – we’re going use that sidebar of our Facebook Page and make it work for us. See the example on my Rainy Day Kid page where I link to two of my landing pages on Rainy Day Mum that’s what we are going to set up!
Step by Step Guide to Setting Up your Facebook Tabs to go to a URL on your Site
- In the Facebook Search Box look for Static iFrame Tab and select the App shown in the screenshot below
- Allow it to access your profile
- Now select which page you wish it to be installed on (if you only have 1 page then just click on the only option) Add Tab To Page
- Click on the word Installed and it will take you to your page
- On your page click on settings
- Then Apps from the sidebar menu
- Click on Edit Settings
- Give your tab a name
- Click Save and Ok
- Return to your Page at the bottom of the sidebar you will see the new tab that you have added
- Click on the name you gave it
- Change the Page Source from HTML to Redirect
- Paste the URL that you want to direct people to
- Check that it works (you may want to ask a friend to check as well as when you are an admin for the page you get a notification box pop up to ask whether you want to follow the redirect)
Fantastic isn’t it but you can do a little more. So how do you rearrange those tabs and add more so that you can go to more pages on your site.
Changing the Arrangement of Tabs on your Facebook Page
When you first add the new tab to your Facebook Page it will appear at the bottom of that sidebar but you want people to go there – remember it could be to a Freebie to sign up to get (growing your email list) or it could be to drive traffic around your site (landing pages) or even to your store (MONEY!). But appearing at the bottom is pointless. So lets move it around.
How to move your tabs around on your Facebook Page
- Click on Settings again
- Now Edit Page
- Scroll down and you see your tabs
- Drag the tabs around to place in the order that you wish to show them on your homepage
- Don’t forget to click Save
- Check that it has worked
Creating Additional Tabs
If you know your audience well you may know that some people there are interested in one area of your site and others another area e.g. Recipes or Kids Activities or Social Media How To’s or SEO! So why not provide options for where to go.
How to Create Additional Tabs
- Click on the redirect that you have already set up
- When the pop-up box appears CANCEL
- Just above the green bar on the right-hand side click on Settings
- A new tab will open
- Click on Add Another HTML Fan…
- Change from HTML to Redirect
- Add in a new link to direct people to
- Click on Tab Settings
- Change the Name (ignore the image this a legacy)
- Save your Settings
- Return to Facebook and go to your page
- REFRESH and there is your new tab at the bottom